Saccharomyces cerevisae selected from the Doemens Academy Yeast Culture Collection. Munich Classic wheat beer yeast strain is used by a number of commercial breweries to produce a flavorful, full body and aromatic Bavarian-style wheat beer. The propagation and drying processes have been specifically designed to deliver high quality beer yeast that can be used simply and reliably to help produce wheat beers of the finest quality. No colours, preservatives or other unnatural substances have been used in its preparation. The yeast is produced in ISO 9001 certified plants
* Classified as Saccharomyces cerevisiae.
* A top fermenting yeast.
* The typical analysis of Munich Classic active dry yeast:
Percent solids 93%-95%
Living yeast cells ? 5 x 109 per gram of dry yeast
Wild yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
* * Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests.
*According to ASBC and EBC methods of analysis.
• Quick start and vigorous fermentation, which can be completed in 4 days above 17°C. • Medium to high attenuation.
• Fermentation rate, fermentation time and degree of attenuation are dependent upon inoculation density, yeast handling, fermentation temperature and nutritional quality of the wort.
• Munich Classic is a non flocculent strain. In classic open fermentation vessels, the yeast can be skimmed off the top. Some settling can be promoted by cooling and use of fining agents and isinglass.
• Aroma and flavor have balanced fruity esters and spicy phenol notes. Does not display malodours when properly handled. Munich Classic yeast has found widespread use in the production of Hefeweizen, Dunkelweizen and wheat wine.
• Munich Classic yeast is best used at traditional ale temperatures after rehydration in the recommended manner.
Product Technical Data Sheets: